A recent article on the website of the American College of Cardiology highlights a variety of important differences among the current top 5 major dyslipidemia treatment guidelines. Although they overlap in many areas, they differ on essential points such as risk evaluation tools, target endpoints used in calculators, and approach to use of statin therapy. The 5 guidelines are:
- 2014 American College of Cardiology/American Health Association (ACC/AHA)
- 2016 Canadian Cardiovascular Society (CCS)
- 2016 European Society of Cardiology/European Atherosclerosis Society (ESC/EAS)
- 2016 US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
- 2014 US Veterans Affairs/Department of Defense (VA-DoD)
We created a quiz based on the information, so find out what you know about where these organizations agree and diverge--then have a look at the full article. Good luck!