Migraine is a neurologic disorder that is often disabling and frequently difficult to treat. A wide range of agents are used, both on and off label, to manage migraine headaches which can be episodic or chronic. Test your migraine knowledge with this 8-question quiz on the disorder and the drugs and devices used to treat it.
Please click below for answer and next question.
1. Blumenfeld A, Ashkenazi A. OnabotulinumtoxinA for the treatment of headache. Headache. 2013;53:54-61.
2. Hepp Z, Dodick DW, Varon SF, et al. Adherence to oral migraine-preventive medications among patients with chronic migraine. Cephalalgia. 2015;35:478-488.
3. Edvinsson L, Goadsby PJ. Neuropeptides in headache. Eur J Neurol. 1998;5:329-341.
4. Russo AF. Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP): a new target for migraine. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2015;55:533-552.
5. Raddant AC, Russo AF. Calcitonin gene-related peptide in migraine: intersection of peripheral inflammation and central modulation. Expert Rev Mol Med. 2011;13:e36.