1. Goodman CW, Brett AS. Gabapentin and pregabalin for pain – is increased prescribing a cause for concern. N Engl J Med. 2017;377:411-414.
2. Enke O, New HA, New CH, et al. Anticonvulsants in the treatment of low back pain and lumbar radicular pain: a systematic review and met-analysis. CMAJ. 2018;190:E786-E793.
3. Mathieson S, Chiro M, Maher CG, et al. Trial of pregabalin for acute and chronic sciatica. N Engl J Med. 2017;376:1111-1120.
4. Gomes T, Juurlink DN, Antoniou T, et al. Gabapentin, opioids, and the risk of opioid-related death: a population-based nested control study. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002396.
5. Evoy KE, Morrison MD, Saklad SR. Abuse and misuse of pregabalin and gabapentin. Drugs. 2017:77:403-426.
6. Evoy KE, Covvey JR, Peckham AM, Ochs L, Hultgren KE. Reports of gabapentin and pregabalin abuse, misuse, dependence, or overdose: An analysis of the Food and Drug Administration Adverse Events Reporting System (FAERS). Res Social Adm Pharm. 2018.