1. Transcript: The Health 202 Live [transcript]. The Health 202 Live. The Washington Post. June 21, 2018.
2. Flegal KM, Carroll MD, Ogden CL, Curtin LR. Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2008. JAMA. 2010;303:235-241.
3. Magkos F, Fraterrigo G, Yoshino J, et al. Effects of moderate and subsequent progressive weight loss on metabolic function and adipose tissue biology in humans with obesity. Cell Metab. 2016;23:591–601.
4. Jensen MD, Ryan DH, Apovian CM, et al. 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association task force on practice guidelines and the obesity society. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:2985-3023.
5. United States Department of Agriculture. 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans Chapter 1. https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-1/. Accessed August 8, 2018.
6. United States Department of Agriculture. 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans Chapter 2. https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-2/. Accessed August 8, 2018.
7. Moyer VA, U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for and management of obesity in adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med. 2012;157:373–378.
8. Carvajal R, Wadden TA, Tsai AG, Peck K, Moran CH. Managing obesity in primary care practice: a narrative review. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2013;1281:191-206.
9. Gudzune, KA, Doshi RS, Mehta AK, et al. Efficacy of commercial weight loss programs: an updated systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2015;162:501–512.