New drugs were approved for many conditions commonly treated in primary care in all 4 quarters in 2019 - quite a few of them first-in-class or novel in another way:
- The first liquid solution of colchicine for gout
- The first generic Advair Diskus inhaler for asthma and COPD
- A novel weight-loss drug that is the first approved for BMI as low as 25 25 kg/m2
- The first generic naloxone spray
- The first oral GLP-1 receptor agonist and a glucagon nasal spray for hypoglycemia
In the spirit of the holiday, we highlight 12 of the 2019 FDA approvals to prep primary care clinicians for 2020.