What is the optimal duration for immunotherapy? Can intranasal steroids be combined with LRTAs? Test your allergy IQ.
1. Canonica GW, Cox L, Pawankar R, et al. Sublingual immunotherapy: World Allergy Organization position paper 2013 update. World Allergy Organ J. 2014;7:6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3983904/
2. Walker SM, Durham SR, Till SJ, et al. Immunotherapy for allergic rhinitis. Clin Exp Allergy.
3. Didier A, Malling HJ, Worm M, et al. Prolonged efficacy of the 300IR 5-grass pollen tablet up to 2 years after treatment cessation, as measured by a recommended daily combined score. Clin Transl Allergy. 2015;5:12. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4474569/
4. Durham SR, EmmingerW, Kapp A, et al. SQ-standardized sublingual grass immunotherapy: confirmation of disease modification 2 years after 3 years of treatment in a randomized trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;129:717-725.e5. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=J+Allergy+Clin+Immunol.+2012%3B129(3)%3A717-725.e5.
5. Durham SR,Walker SM, Varga EM, et al. Long-term clinical efficacy of grass-pollen immunotherapy. N Engl J Med. 1999;341(7):468-475. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199908123410702
6. Scadding GW, Calderon MA, Shamji MH, et al. Effect of 2 years of treatment with sublingual grass pollen immunotherapy on nasal response to allergen challenge at 3 years among patients with moderate to severe seasonal allergic rhinitis. The GRASS randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2017;317:615-625. doi: 10.1001/jama.2016.21040. http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2601501
7. Seidman MD, Gurgel RK, Lin SY, et al for Guideline Otolaryngology Development Group. AAO-HNSF. Clinical practice guideline: Allergic rhinitis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015;152:S1-43. doi: 10.1177/0194599814561600. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0194599814561600
8. Upperman CR, Parker JD, Akinbami LJ, et al. Exposure to extreme heat events is associated with increased hay fever prevalence among nationally representative sample of US adults. 1997-2013. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2016 Nov 8. pii: S2213-2198(16)30413-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jaip.2016.09.016. http://www.jaci-inpractice.org/article/S2213-2198(16)30413-5/abstract
9. American Academy of Ophthalmology. Conjunctivitis PPP 2013. Accessed February 21 2017 at https://www.aao.org/preferred-practice-pattern/conjunctivitis-ppp--2013