Here, HIV/AIDS specialist, Dr Susan Ball, answers 6 questions about HIV infection that primary care clinicians commonly ask.
• Which of your patients should you now test for HIV infection?
• What is the life expectancy for patients with HIV?
• How soon should you refer a patient with newly diagnosed HIV infection to a specialist?
• What baseline tests should you order when an HIV diagnosis is first made?
• What vaccinations do patients with HIV infection need to receive?
• What is the current state-of-the-art therapy for HIV/AIDS?
In this video, HIV/AIDS specialist, Susan Ball, MD, MPH, MS, succinctly addresses each of these questions. Dr Ball is Associate Professor of Medicine, Assistant Director, Bernbaum Unit, Center for Special Studies, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill-Cornell Medical College.