This weekly roundup of breaking cardiology news is brought to our readers by our partners at MedPage Today.
This weekly news roundup is brought to our readers by our partners at MedPage Today. (Free registration is required.)
1. Hypewatch: 100 Million Diabetic Americans in the Dark?
Is it true that 3 in 10 Americans don’t know their blood sugars are out of control?
2. AHA: Screening or Treating to Goal Equally Effective
Goal for asymptomatic adult diabetics: aim for LDL of 87.7 mg/dL and mean SBP of 130 mm Hg.
3. IMPROVE-IT Results Turn Up Volume on Guideline Debate
The great Vytorin (ezetimibe/simvastatin) vs simvastatin debate: results are in. . .
4. A Year or More of DAPT Cuts Risk After Stenting
Aspirin vs dual antiplatelet duel: combo reduces stent thrombosis and MI.
5. Top Five Data Releases at AHA Sessions
Five important findings you might not want to miss . . .