Raymond Haroun, MD, works through the evaluation of low back pain and radiculopathy.
In this video, Raymond Haroun, MD, works through the evaluation of low back pain and radiculopathy.
You'll hear details about:
• "Red flags" that point to serious underlying pathology and the need for urgent care.
• When conservative approaches (steroid injections, physical therapy) to pain are-and are not-appropriate
• Compression fractures and lumbar spinal stenosis
• When are imaging studies appropriate . . . and which studies should you order?
• When, and for which patients, is surgery warranted?
Dr Haroun is Director of Spine surgery at the Orthopaedic and Spine Institute at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore.